Pet Friendly Information Quick Links
Brindley Beach Pet Friendly Rentals:Back to Top
Do you love spending time with your dog? Your dog gives you unconditional love and affection; don’t they deserve a vacation too? There’s nothing like observing your dog’s reaction to the beach and ocean for the first time, will he jump in or go running scared? Will he spend the day digging for crabs or looking for the perfect fetching stick? Our wide open beaches have plenty of room for our 4 legged friends and we offer over 130 homes on the Outer Banks of NC that are dog friendly. Best of all, we’re “human friendly” too, so you don’t have to give up the vacation amenities you cherish like private pools, theater room, air conditioning, cable TV or shopping and fine dining. We’ve made our website easy to navigate with just a few clicks to find your perfect dog friendly vacation home!
Brindley Beach Vacations Pet Policy:Back to Top
While most of our properties adhere to a strict "No Pets" policy, some of our Outer Banks vacation homes welcome dogs and are advertised as “Dogs Welcome.” However, for your own comfort and for the comfort and safety of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain restrictions that must apply.
- Dog friendly properties (no cats) are limited to (2) domestic, housebroken dogs with a weight limit of 60 pounds or less (each), unless otherwise advertised. NO EXCEPTIONS. “Visiting” dogs are not allowed.
- A $200 non-refundable pet fee will apply to each reservation (fee includes 2 dogs)
- This fee does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and unreported accidents.
Failure to follow these regulations will result in eviction without refund, as will the presence of a dog in any home not designated as Dogs Welcome.
Pets at the Beach House:
Guests with dogs are asked to please respect the comfort and safety of other guests, both during and after your stay. For this reason we ask that you please follow these guidelines during your stay:
- Never leave your dog’s alone in the beach house unless you leave them in his/hers crate.
- Never lock your dog’s up in a bedroom.
- Clean up after your dogs, both in public areas and in the yard of your vacation rental.
- Do not allow your dogs on the furniture or beds unless they are covered with a blanket or sheet that you provide.
- Dogs are not allowed to swim in the pool or the hot tub – additional cleaning may be needed and a charge may apply.
- Make sure that your dog’s wear a Brindley Beach pet tag, provided in your packet, or an I.D. tag with a phone number.
- Please make sure that your dog’s medications and immunizations are up-to-date, especially flea treatment.
- Do not allow them to drink the ocean or sound water as it can lead to dehydration and an upset stomach.
- Follow the local leash laws while visiting the beach.
Outer Banks Leash Laws:
Each town has a different regulation concerning dogs on the beach. All towns ask that dog owners pick up after their four-legged friends.
Corolla: Dogs are allowed on the beach as long as they are leashed.
Duck: Dogs can play unleashed on the beach under the watchful eye of their owner.
Southern Shores: May 15 to September 15 no dogs are allowed on the beach between 9am and 6pm. All other times dogs must be on a leash and under the owner’s control. Leashes can be no longer than 10 feet.
Kitty Hawk: Dogs are permitted on public beaches. The owner/handler is responsible for and must remove feces and possess a bag/container for waste removal at all times. From the Friday before Memorial Day until the day after Labor Day between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. dogs must be on a leash not exceeding 6 feet. At all other times during the year, dogs must be restrained on a leash retractable to 12 feet. Dogs may be taken off the leash only if they will not disturb other people on the beach. Unleashed dogs must be controlled by the handler, who must remain within 30 feet of the dog at all times. A leash must be with owner/handler at all times. Violation of any of these rules shall be a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $50.00.
Kill Devil Hills: May 15 to September 15 no dogs (except service dogs) are allowed on the beach between 9am and 6pm. All other times dogs must be on a leash and under the owner’s control.
Traveling Tips with Your Pets:Back to Top
More travel tips can be found at the ASPCA website:http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/pet-care-tips/car-travel-tips.aspx
Local Veterinarians and Pet Hospitals:Back to Top
The Outer Banks Veterinary Hospital - (Mile Post 4.5)
3723 N Croatan Hwy Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Martin's Point Veterinary Hospital – (Mile Post 1)
6405 N Croatan Hwy Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Coastal Animal Hospital – (Mile Post 4.5)
3616 N Croatan Hwy Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Animal Hospital of Nags Head – (Mile Post 14)
101 E Dowitcher St Nags Head, NC 27959
Pet Stores and Boutiques:Back to Top
1171 Duck Rd. Duck, NC 27949
799 Sunset Blvd. Corolla, NC 27927
Salty Paws Homemade Biscuits – (Mile Post 12.5)
Jockey's Ridge Crossing
3723 N Croatan Hwy. Kitty Hawk,NC 27949
Outer Banks Pet Gallery – (Mile Post 9.5)
158 Bypass 1210 S. Croatan Hwy. Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Holistic Pet Shop
Seagate North Shopping Center – (Mile Post 5.5)
3105 N. Croatan Hwy. Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948